Your professional relationships are the most important ones you have when it comes to growing your career and your business. That is the premise of Success is in Your Sphere: Leverage the Power of Relationships to Achieve your Business Goals by relationship marketing expert Zvi Band. Published in early 2019, Band provides a proven step-by-step approach to use your business relationships/partnerships to your advantage.
Zvi Band takes the idea of networking and flips it on its head. Instead of adding more connections and meaningless Facebook “friends,” he instead suggests reaching out to the business connections you already have and utilizing those relationships. It’s cost-effective, it offers a high-return rate, and the referral business will be through the roof. Band operates on the idea that you have more opportunities from existing connections, much like existing customers provide more bottom-line revenue than new customers do.
Success is in your Sphere acts as a comprehensive guide to relationship-building. It uses the “CAPITAL” strategy. It stands for:
- Consistency: forming good habits to strengthen relationships
- Aggregate: build a database of contacts
- Prioritize: who can best help you?
- Investigate: gather information on the people close to you
- Timely Engagement: conduct outreach in an effective, well-timed manner
- Adding Value: add value to the relationship and follow-up on your efforts
- Leverage: execute effectively and provide benefit to the relationship
Strengthen your current connections; you don’t need to acquire new contacts to succeed. Band argues that with best practices and some great research in place, you can move your business forward. Take a look at your current contacts. Do you have the right people on your side?